You've heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but depending on what you choose to eat, it can also be the most unhealthy. Between sugar-laden cereals, granola bars, and flavored yogurt, these "health foods" can actually be desserts in disguise, making it difficult to find a healthy option. When you start your day with foods that are high sugar and low protein, you're setting yourself up for blood sugar crashes a few hours later, i.e. fatigue, sluggishness, and MORE sugar cravings!
Most people want a breakfast that's quick, convenient, and inexpensive. This 2-ingredient breakfast recipe is all of those things AND will help you stay on track with your weight loss or fitness goals. Not only is this recipe simple, but it is also incredibly versatile and lasts well throughout the week. If you're new to meal prepping or feel like it's just too time-consuming, this recipe is for you!
2-Ingredient Egg Muffins
- 1 bag of raw baby spinach (can use other veggies such as tomatoes, cooked broccoli, asparagus, etc.)
- 1 container 100% liquid egg whites (can use whole eggs as well)
- Black pepper and/or salt (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a muffin tin with olive or coconut oil.
2) Fill each muffin cup with baby spinach, tearing into smaller pieces to fit stems.
3) Pour liquid egg whites into muffin cups until spinach is mostly covered.
4) Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until egg whites have set and are firm in the center.
5) Transfer to Tupperware containers or enjoy fresh from the oven! Top with low-calorie condiments like hot sauce or salsa if desired.
For more easy recipes or if you're interested in a customized menu plan that helps you reach your goals, email firstname.lastname@example.org!